Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Solid

Dearest Lilah -

Today, at age 7 months and 4 days, we gave you your first taste of solid food.

We gave you Avacado.


You weren't really sure what to do with it once it was in your mouth, and you made some funny faces we didn't quite catch.


But you were definitely excited and wanted more!

I am not going to lie and say this isn't one of those sad Mommy moments for me. You're not my tiny baby anymore. You'll soon be picking up little toddler sized bits of food and eating them by yourself. In fact, you tried to help yourself to the bowl today.

I'm also selfishly going to miss breastmilk only poopie diapers. They do not smell like full-grown man poop, and I am not looking forward to those. At all. And not having to carry food around? Yeah, I enjoyed leaving your diaper bag at home 90% of the time.

But I am glad you are growing up and growing well. And this is just a part of that.

I hope you enjoyed your first bite of for really real food. It's just the tip of the iceberg. I've got all kinds of things to make and share with you!

Love,
Mommy