Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A quarter of the year -

Dearest Lilah,

Well, you have survived us for three whole months, and we still couldn't feel more blessed to have such a good baby! You have started being so much more interactive the past couple of weeks...when I change your diaper, you like to grab my shirt sleeve and pull it to your mouth. You have started laughing like a real person now instead of just doing your little cough laugh. You are also sleeping more and more...the past two nights you slept 6 and 7 hours straight and then after eating went right back to sleep for at least 3 more hours. Mommy appreciates that so much!

I can't believe that this time last year I was about to be pregnant with you. That seems like SO long ago! And I know it's because the last three months have been so different for us...it seems like FOREVER ago that you were a new baby, but also it doesn't even seem like you should already be three months old! And you're getting so BIG! You've grown out of a lot of clothes...we are having to do wardrobe switches in your dressers. So it sort of looks like a tornado hit your bedroom right now. :-)

Tonight we went to eat dinner with Uncle Brian at Chick-Fil-A. I watched as everyone in the restaurant looked at you and then talked amongst themselves about you. I saw so many people mouth, "Isn't she cute!" and one of the workers said how sweet your daddy and Uncle Brian were to hold you while I ate unencumbered. She doesn't know that your Daddy always does that for me, and Uncle Brian just loves to hold you, it had nothing to do with letting me eat and everything to do with him holding you!

It was a big day for our friends today, on your three month birthday. You got a new playmate today, as Hannah Kate McCurry was born. She came into the world at a whopping 9 pounds 10 oz, which was a full two pounds and two ounces more than you when you were born! Thank goodness you were small!! Aunt Kristi is a trooper for having two nine pound babies!

Well, it's late and I'd better get to bed. I've gotten spoiled the past couple of nights getting some good sleep. We've got a big couple of weeks coming up, so I hope to add a lot here.

We love you baby - thank you for joining our family!